2.20.2007

Whats Worse - Rat Dogs or Band Rehearsal?

Does it occur to Milan Management that it has a duty to keep it's tenants happy by enforcing certain rules that apply to the "peaceful enjoyment" of their apartments? I assume this can't be the case because no matter how many emails fly back and forth between Amy Rubenstein and her tenants nothing seems to be resolved.

Perhaps they should advertise the vacant units with "free live music" and "pet store like atmosphere" . It seems only fair - instead of a "heated pool" perhaps they should advertise things that really exist like - "dirty rarely cleaned pool, cold as ice water, free live music @ 2am and free fertilizer (self pickup dog shit).

It kills me that people who pay rent don't seem to be entitled to live in a peaceful setting - per the email below you can see some people are getting aggro about the situation:

"Hello Again, the noise coming from Unit # 1 is still a problem. I called the Police Sat morning 12:30am, Mon morning 2:10am, and this morning at 1:00am. We have talked to this unit about the noise and this problem should be solved. Apparently, the person you talked to about the noise did not communicate this to the rest of the tenants in the unit. Maybe it was communicated but ignored - Who knows? I just want the quiet hours to be enforced. So Allan now is our On Site Manager? What responsibility does he have to address the noise coming from the unit? Am I supposed to continue calling the Police and sending you e-mails? Please let me know what my next move should be"


Now call me crazy but why do people have to write these emails? Are phone calls, and multiple visits from the LAPD not enough to sway the management of the building to do something?

Same thing goes for the dogs living with the psycho criminal in unit 7 - which bark all day and all night. Calling animal control is useless, because the psycho just registers them at old addresses where she no longer lives. Meanwhile other tenants are being told they can't have pets - baffling isn't it?

To illustrate the point several tenants formed a tenants assoc. in order to get the attention of the mgmt of this building. They even included an entire paragraph detailing the lurid behavior of these dogs and their owner. While Monica and Amy both admitted to receiving the letter and reading it; but not doing anything about the fact that there are 4 dogs living in unit 7 - which by the way is against LA County Ordinances - you are permitted three per dwelling. As far as we know Selma Naman aka Gurson doesn't have more than one legal address. So while one responsible non-psycho tenant is being threatened with three day notices and harassment, one psycho tenant can house FOUR dogs - one of which has a history of biting people - and you guessed it no matter how many letters, emails or phone calls - the dogs are still there crapping everywhere and peeing in the elevator.

Below we've pasted a bit of Monica's own words.....


Q Have you had any complaints from any other tenants concerning Ms. Gurson's behavior ?
A No.
Q Have you seen a lengthy letter from something called, I think it's 4950 Coldwater Canyon Tenants' Association signed by some dozen tenants which includes within it a list of alleged behavior, objectionable behavior on the part of Ms. Gurson?
A I briefly looked that over. I don't remember a section on Selma, no.
Q Specifically then, I think we'll leave that lady. Have you heard any complaints about the behavior ofher pets?
A Yes.
Q How many does she have?
A She has two small dogs. Is how I rented the apartment to her.
Q Have you heard suggestion that she has more? A She told me she was watching two other dogs of her mother's that would be going back.
Q Sorry?
A That would not be staying there for long.
Q When did she tell you that?
A This was a while ago when she moved in.
Q When she first moved in, she brought her own two dogs and her mother's two dogs? A She didn't bring her mother's two dogs. She was watching them for her mother. Q That's what I meant.
A Yes.
Q They were four dogs that moved in with her?
A No. Four dogs did not move in. Two dogs moved in, and at some point after she moved in, her mother dropped her two off.
Q How long after she moved in did that happen?
A I don't remember.
Q Couple weeks after?
A I guess that would be okay to say.
Q And then when did they leave, the two visiting dogs?
A I don't know.
Q Are they still there?
A I don't know.
Q Did you ever ask?
A No.
Q So, is it fair to say, your best information is that you have no reason to believe that there aren't still four dogs there, do you?
A I don't know how many dogs are there. I don't know. As far as I know, there's two.
Q Well --
A Last time I knew, her mother was taking them back. That's the last thing I knew.
Q The last time, if I understand you correctly,the last thing you knew was that two dogs, the mother's two dogs, had moved in sometime --
A They didn't move in.
Q I didn't mean that in a legal sense. They came to stay with Selma, and you agree that was several weeks after she moved in. You haven't heard anything since to suggest that those two dogs have now left, have you?
A No.
Q Do you remember that the lengthy tenant association letter referred to the fact that Ms. Gurson had four dogs? Did you read that? A I didn't read that. That I recall, no. I don't recall that. She has two small dogs. Is how I rented the apartment to her.

Who cares how you rented the apartment? Many tenants have called, emailed your company about the ILLEGAL number of dogs in that apartment - she's even sent photos saying "my four boys" DUH - she has a damn kennel in her house - WAKE UP. Is it really a stretch to assume that the same person (and we use that term loosely) that let homeless people in to shave in the laundry room, who allow homeless people to stalk tenants, - is it a stretch to believe 17 other people who have signed a letter telling you she has four dogs? Per the email she sent it's clear she has four dogs - FIGURE IT OUT!

In short - Monica - Amy - Milan - Carolina...WAKE UP!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?